Mosquitos can be a real menace in your yard or property. For the sake of your peace and that of your loved ones, you might want to look for a reliable way to keep the pesky insects at bay.
You may hire exterminators, which is fine, but will set you off by thousands of dollars season after season. Alternatively, you might decide to DIY the whole thing. That calls for an investment in one of the best backpack mosquito foggers out there so you can always have a ready-to-shoot gun anytime mosquitoes resurface.
That means you will save thousands of dollars in the long run.
While there are people who prefer handheld mosquito foggers, backpack foggers are easier on your arms. They are also a great choice if you have to work on a relatively larger area.
Best Backpack Mosquito Fogger ReviewsInvalid table id.
There are ‘not so good’ ones out there. And, then there are great brands that manufacture the best backpack mosquito foggers that make spraying mosquitoes in your yard a breeze. We want to give you the best.
So we have considered various factors, and customer reviews across different platforms to bring you some the best backpack mosquito foggers that everyone is talking about out there.
1. Makita Backpack Blower
If you really want to destroy mosquitoes in your yard, this is one of the best backpack mosquito foggers out there you might want to purchase.
The heavy-duty fogger is designed to hold up about 3.9 gallons of insecticide, making it a go-to choice when you are tackling large areas. The feature-packed Makita delivers a powerful mist spray that covers up to 30’’.
Some of the model’s best features include:
- Mechanical Automatic Decompression
- Powerful 75.6 cc, 3.8 HP commercial duty engine
- Mechanical automatic engine decompression for quick and easy starts
- Large capacity air filter – easily accessible & replaceable
- Heavy-duty shoulder straps.
- Padded back panel for user comfort.
The fogger’s mist assumes an even coverage, making sure that you not only work faster but are also not going to miss a single spot. When it comes to assembly,Makita is fairly easy to assemble, and so is setting up the fogger for the next treatment exercise. It is fairly easy to use and delivers great results on shrubs, grass, trees, and hedge – just anywhere the pesky insects might be hiding waiting to launch their attacks.
Thanks to the powerful 75.6 cc MM4® 4-Stroke engine, and a larger capacity, the manufacturer delivers a package that makes it easy for you to treat large areas quickly and without much hassle. While the fogger does an amazing treatment job, the large capacity makes it a little heavy when full.
At 70lbs when full, the backpack fogger may weigh heavily on your shoulders, making it not very good for use for extended periods of time. The heavy-duty shoulder straps, on the other hand, lower the center of gravity of the fogger, making it stable and easier to carry around.
But, if you can comfortably handle the weight, the Makita Backpack Blower will make a good choice for you.
However, you will still need to take moments off for a rest if you are doing a large area.
Overall, this is a great backpack fogger for eliminating mosquitoes. It is built to last and serve you longer. Besides, it is efficient, powerful and cleverly designed to handle your mosquito extermination tasks fairly well. However, the high quality and efficiency comes at a hefty price tag. Be prepared to pay more for better.
- Effective at destroying mosquitoes.
- Heavy-duty straps, low center of gravity for easy carrying and balance.
- Can accommodate more insecticide making it great for tackling large areas.
- Highly powerful.
- Easy to assemble, set up and use.
- Comes with durable and comfortable shoulder straps.
- Heavy when full, thus not good for use for extended periods of time.
- Can be used with powdered insecticides.
- Costs more compared to other models.
2. Invatech Italia Sprayer
Like the Makita Backpack Blower, this backpack fogger delivers a powerful spray mist covering up to 39’’ when used horizontally.
As a result, it makes it easy and faster to cover large gardens, greenhouses, orchards and vineyards. Some of the fogger’s best features include:
- Multi-purpose package – Leaf Blower, Mosquito Sprayer, Duster, Mister
- 4.3 HP Motor
- 3.7 Gallon tank capacity
- 3- year warranty
- Comes with a pressurized turbo pump
The fogger is versatile enough, and unlike the Makita Backpack Blower, it can work effectively with powdered, granule and liquid forms of insecticides. That means you are not only going to use them for mosquitoes extermination only.
You can also put them to other uses beyond mosquito control and that includes application of foliar fertilizers and weed-control. The other feature we loved about the fogger is the adaptable dosage-control system that allows users to vary the amount of fertilizer, insecticide or pesticide dispensed.
As a result, it makes it easy for you to adjust accordingly depending on the scale of the mosquito challenge and the areas that need to be done.
Like the Makita Backpack Blower, this model is pretty heavy when full and that would present a challenge to you especially if you are to cover a larger area. Unlike Mikita, however, the model is slightly ‘top-heavy’, raising the fogger’s center of gravity.
As a result, it might result in spinal instability, making it much harder to carry the unit or use it for a longer period of time. Besides, the model is a bit noisy when working. So you will need to wear noise-cancelling headphones while ‘on the job’.
Overall, the Invatech Italia Mosquito Sprayer is a great fogger. It is easy to set up and use. The large capacity makes it a great choice if you have a larger area to cover. The price point is, however, comparatively low making the product highly cost-effective.
- Effectives destroys mosquitoes.
- Large capacity making it ideal for treating larger areas.
- Great for use with powder, liquid and granular chemicals.
- Features a durable design.
- Weighs less compared to other leading models.
- Powerful spray covering up to 39’’.
- Heavy when full, thus unsuitable for use for extended periods of time.
- Noisy while at use.
3. Solo 451 3-Gallon Backpack
If you are serious about treating mosquitoes on your property, this is another great sprayer.
The fogger is similar to the Mikita, but not as expensive. What makes Solo 451 3-Gallon Backpack impressive is the performance it puts up. The fogger can reduce an ordinarily 2 hour’s spray job to a 20 minutes or so job. What’s more? The model packs pretty much the features in the Makita.
Some the best features include:
- Two-stroke 66.5 cc Solo engine
- Extra-large polymer impeller produces high air volume at a lower RPM, reducing fuel consumption and noise level.
- Single multi-function operating handle
- Features easy start, anti-vibe system and padded backrest
- Chemical metering valve allows control of chemical usage
- Comfortable, backpack carrying frame and wide, padded carrying straps with ‘click’ lock. Compact size, light weight.
However, it comes with a smaller capacity (can hold up to 3 gallons of insecticide) and less power. It is fitted with a 2-stroke engine, which delivers less power compared to the Mikita’s 4-stroke engine.
For optimum performance, the engine requires a 1: 50 fuel to oil mixture ratio. Well, that might sound complicated from a layman’s point of view. But, it’s not as complicated as it might sound on paper. However, it is something worth noting.
Overall, the Solo 451 3-Gallon Backpack is one of the best backpack mosquito foggers out there. It packs all the good features you need to get the job done. If you want a great fogger that will save you a couple of bucks from the Makita, and still get the job done, we’d recommend this fogger for you.
- Lesser capacity (3 gallons) great for carrying round.
- Slightly lighter
- Shoulder padding makes it comfortable while in use.
- Comes with a 2-stroke engine that requires a specific fuel and oil ratio.
4.TOMAHAWK 3 HP Turbo Boosted Backpack Fogger Duster Blower
The Tomahawk mosquito sprayer backpack is one of the top-rated backpacks in the market currently. The sprayer prides itself on excellent mist coverage of up to 30ft. This allows you to achieve uniform coats on plants from the bottom to the top.
What is more, the machine is fitted with a large tank capacity (3.7-gallon), so you can work on a pretty large area within a short time before refueling. The performance of this backpack is enhanced further by a strong 3HP engine featuring well-designed adjustable straps, and a recoil starter.
Here are the model’s best features:
- A powerful 3HP engine
- 3.7-gallon tank
- Features a recoil cord start
- A 7300 rpm fan speed
- It weighs a whopping 38 lbs
If you are a do-it-yourself, the Tomahawk Power Backpack Sprayer will come in handy whenever you want to get rid of the mosquito’s menace. The 3.7 gallon tank capacity is enough to help you spray a large area in the shortest time possible. Additionally, the powerful 3HP engine will enable you to an upwards of 30ft with much ease.
You might consider this model if you have a large ground to cover, plus, this machine is comparatively easy to operate and what is more, it is compatible with both liquid and powdered pesticides
What better way to put money into good use than by buying this backpack fogger! With it, you can get rid of mosquitos from their breeding grounds in no time. Effectively, use the Tomahawk to handle mosquito menaces in orchards, vineyards, trees, gardens, greenhouses, ranches, and other spots where you feel should be cleared.
One downside of this model is that it is pretty heavy when it is filled, so carrying it around is not going to be an easy task if you intend to work for a long time. The heaviness of this machine may aggravate the condition of back pain to some clients. However, the backpack features straps that make transportation much easier.
Many factors make this model one of the best choices for many customers; One notable advantage is that it is fairly priced to cater to your budget needs.
- It is effective in getting rid of the mosquitoes menace
- It is a good choice for treating various spots within the compound such as the orchards, vineyards, gardens, trees, ranches, and greenhouses
- It is compatible with both liquid and powder pesticides
- Large fuel tank and a powerful engine to enable you to work pretty faster
- The backpack can cover a maximum height of up to 40 ft
- It is pretty easy to handle(assembling and operating)
- A great investment( value for money)
- Comparatively heavier when full; may not be a good choice for use on projects involving a lot of time
- The backpack tank links at critical connection points which may reduce its life
5. Petra Electric Fogger Atomizer Backpack Sprayer
This Petra model features a ton of features that make it stand out from its peers in the market. One notable feature is an elongated hose which works well with ULV misting.
The length of this hose is a plus to the user because it is possible to reach overhead plants with much ease. Another notable feature is the wide mouth which will, no doubt, make refilling of the tank pretty easy, plus, the mouth is fitted with a filter to separate your chemical pesticide from unwanted substances.
Here are some of the model’s best features:
- It features an extended coiled hose
- Features an on/off handle for additional convenience
- It is powered by a 1200W motor
- It comes fitted with heavy-duty straps
- Large tank capacity holding up to 4 Gallon tank
- Effective mist distance of between 15 – 20 Feet
- It features a wide designed lid for the mouth
If you are looking for a powerful backpack fogger to help you deal with the problem of mosquitoes, then look no further because this fogger has all the crucial features to give you the best results.
The fogger runs on a 1200W motor which is powerful enough to cover up to 15ft. It also features a 4-gallon tank capacity, so you can cover large areas before you think of refilling, plus, the fogger is fitted with pretty comfy straps that are also easy to use. Additionally, the nozzle is fitted with adjustable screws to help you achieve the type of jet you want.
This fogger is fitted with a quality motor that effectively creates a significant amount of power to force the chemical spray out of the hose with much ease. The tank is properly connected to the straps to minimize any pesticide leakages.
You can count on this backpack fogger in eliminating the problem of mosquitos in the major spots around your compound. However, the 4-gallon tank capacity makes it hard to work for longer periods because the fogger is pretty heavy when full.
If you are looking to invest your money wisely, then this model should be added to your shopping list for consideration. The fact that it has a large tank capacity is one reason you should opt for this model.
On top of that, this model produces an even spray to give the most desired spray results. Now if the quality is your thing, I would suggest that you consider buying this model to get a deserved return on your investment.
- Extra-long spray pipe(hose) for commercial use
- Enhanced comfort around the backpack straps
- Easy usage instructions
- Emissions from the engine have a characteristic burning smell
6. Mosquito Magician Gas Powered Backpack Fogger
The incessant bites from mosquitos can cause you much worry and trouble. However, this should not be the case if you have this model and this takes us to our next review of the best backpack mosquito fogger; The Mosquito Magician Gas Powered Backpack Fogger.
This model works excellently on all insect types to give you the best results. Apart from having a medium-sized tank capacity, this model has a nicely designed mouth, wide enough to make the refilling process effortless.
Talk of excellent coverage and there you have it! This model can spray up to 50ft while producing a fine mist for better results. The spray mechanism of this model is designed in such a way that the amount of fluid content that can be used at any given time is about a 10th of what other models could use.
Some of the model’s best features include:
- Safe from DEET and Pyrethrin compounds
- A significantly large tank (7 Gallon)
- Features a 6-inch wide-mouth funnel
- Certified by EPA and CARB
- Packed with 6 essential oils
Other notable aspects of this model include well-crafted straps that allow you to adjust them to suit your needs. This is important because it enables you to balance the weight of the backpack so you can cover a large area.
This model includes a commercial-grade gas-powered Backpack Fogger with 2 Gallons of Mosquito Magician Concentrate to help you treat properties within a short duration. This fogger is known to deliver a large volume of products quickly and easily.
To enable you to achieve the best results with your spraying project, the hose of this model is fitted with adjustable nozzles to tune the spray to fit your spraying needs. It is worth mentioning the quality aspects of this backpack; The model is EPA and CARB CERTIFIED, so you can be sure that you are going to get value for your investment.
The fogger is designed to use a safe mixture of 6 crucial oils consisting of Citronella Oil, Garlic Oil, Rosemary Oil, Lemongrass Oil, Cedarwood Oil, and Geraniol. These oils enhance the blending capabilities of this model to give you flawless results.
Additionally, this model is pretty safe to use around kids and even pets due to the absence of compounds like DEET and pyrethrin. In a nutshell, if you are looking for a perfect fogger to handle large spraying projects, then you might consider buying this fogger.
- Easy maintenance procedures (refilling and cleaning the tank)
- The straps are adjustable for extra comfort
- Well-designed adjustable nozzles
- It features a multi-use control handle
- It is pretty easy to use
- The backpack has a smaller tank capacity which requires it to be refilled at specific intervals.
It takes time and effort for you to get the best backpack mosquito fogger from the sea of providers out there. So that you can put your time to other equally productive tasks, we have decided to take the burden off your shoulders by reviewing the best foggers you would wish you knew earlier.
If you want a powerful, reliable, and heavy-duty fogger ideal for spraying larger areas, Makita Backpack Blower will do the trick. Be prepared, though, to pay more for the quality.
We also liked the Invatech Italia Sprayer’s spray mist coverage and versatility. It costs less compared to Makita but it is a great choice if you are looking for a fogger that can be put to other uses.
The Solo 451 3-Gallon Backpack is great if you want to spend less but still get the best bang for your dollar.